|2010 Schedule||2010 Award Winners||2010 Shuttle Schedule||Registration Packet||Things To Do In Monterey||2010 Meeting Program||Abstract / Info||Residents Forum||Contacts||National Forum||Home|
Please read before attempting to submit an abstact.
No revisions or changes will be accepted to submitted abstracts after the deadline.
1. All abstracts are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit by experts in the category selected. The Program Committees use these rankings to develop the final meeting program. Abstracts submitted for presentation (whether or not selected for presentation) will be published at the discretion of the Regional Program Committees. The decisions of the Program Committees are final. Abstracts will not be reviewed if received after the deadline.
2. AFMR requires a nonrefundable abstract fee of $75.00 to cover the costs of processing, review and/or publication. This is separate from the registration fee. You must register to attend the meeting if you are presenting an abstract. Include separate payment with each abstract submitted. Payment must be made by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, or Visa). No checks or purchase orders will be accepted.
This is a new system, therefore, all users are considered New and must Create an Account.
1. For the Western Regional Meeting proceed to: http://wrm2011.abstractcentral.com./ .
2. The first step is to “Create an Account”. Click on the “Create an Account” link in the left side bar menu. During account creation, please bear in mind:
A. All fields with a red asterisk are required. Make sure to enter your status, i.e. student, resident, etc. when creating your account.
B. Your e-mail address is the primary method of correspondence. All system e-mails and other notifications related to the meeting will be sent to this address. Please keep your e-mail address up-to-date!
C. The User ID and password that you create will be needed to log into the site after your account is created. Your User ID must be at least 6 characters long and can be a combination of letters and numbers. User ID and Password are case-sensitive.
D. The last step in creating your account is to request a “role.” For example, if you are requesting the “Abstract Submission” role, you need only check the box and you will receive the role automatically. You will then be able to submit an abstract by logging in, then clicking on the “Submission” tab at the top of the page. If you are not the presenter, you must have all of their information to complete the submission.
3. Once you have logged in using your User Name and Password, click on the Submission tab at the top of the page, then on the “Create a New Submission” link located on the left-hand menu bar.
4. It is recommended that you step through the submission pages in a methodical manner, going page by page and filling in the information as you go along, beginning with Step 1: Title/Body page.
5. The title must be brief and indicate clearly the nature of the investigation. The title should be entered in UPPERCASE letters. PLEASE DO NOT enter the title in mixed case. Abbreviations must not be used in the title.
6. Do not include authors or institutions in the body of your abstract. Type or copy/paste each section of the abstract body into their respective fields. On Step 1: Title/Body page, the body of the abstract must be separated into the fields designated as: Purpose of Study, Methods Used, Summary of Results, and Conclusions, respectively.
7. You must complete the Disclosure Statement on Step 2: Disclosures page.
8. There is a limit of 2500 characters for the text of your abstract submission. This includes authors, institutions, tables, images, abstract title, abstract body, as well as all spaces.
9. You may add as many tables as you wish. However, each row in the table will deduct approximately 50 characters from the character limit of 2500 characters.
10. Please enter all authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract. Complete contact information must be entered for the Presenting Author and the Contact Author. Only name and email address are required for coauthors. If you (the Contact Author) are not the Presenter on an abstract, you will need to provide full contact information on the Presenter. In "Step 3" of the abstract submission, it is important that students and residents indicate WSMRF as their Affiliation in the pull down menu.
11. Enter all department and institutional affiliations. Department is an optional field. Only three (3) institutional affiliations will be allowed per author. You do not need to enter institutions in a particular order to be able to designate author affiliations.
You will need to indicate your “Rank” on the “Step 6: Authors” step of the submission pages. Select one of the following from the “Rank” dropdown menu located in the author table at the bottom of the page.
Faculty 1-2 years
Faculty 2-6 years
High School Scholar
12. Carefully check the proof of your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting is displaying properly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the appropriate page by clicking on the page name in the sidebar menu, and make your corrections.
13. If you have not completed all required sections/items you will not be able to submit your abstract. In the case of missing items, you will be prompted to enter the missing information. When all required information is entered, click “Submit” to submit your abstract. Payment is required to complete submission of the abstract. Click here http://wrm2011.abstractcentral.com./ to enter your abstract.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT is available M-F 8:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m. EST via email: [email protected] or (434) 817-2040 ext. 406